Sunday, January 27, 2008

Heaven & Hell
Köpenhamn, DK - KB-Hallen
2007-06-06

Length: 97min.
Source: Master MD-recording
Quality: A

This is one of the best recordings I´ve done, or at least one of the best bands I ever taped. The sound is very nice and has a great clarity.

As for the soundcheckportion, well, here´s the deal. I had heard that they fooled around with various songs at soundcheck such as Country girl, so after having met the band at the hotel during the early afternoon I made my way out to the venue. Sitting outside while they were tuning up, to my immediate enjoyment Tony ripped into the Country girl-riff and the rest of the band followed. Note that Dio was absent for the whole soundcheck though. Anyways, after having sat outside for about 1 hour listening through the windows I thought I might try and record something. That I did. The sound is, if anything terrible. Perhaps I shouldn´t have released it. Perhaps someone out there will enjoy it. Anyway, for your enjoyment, I included it here and you can easily throw away those two tracks if you want to. Also note that the recording of CG is about the 5th or 6th time they played it, and I didn´t get it from the start so it´s just a portion. The second track is an instrumental thingy, apparently something Tony breaks into every now and then and has been known to do since at least 1992. Any info on this would be appreciated.

And for those of you who don´t feel like reading the text above:

Note before dl: *THE SOUNDCHECK ACTUALLY SOUNDS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!*

cd1
1. E5150
2. The mob rules
3. Children of the sea
4. I
5. The sign of the southern cross
6. Voodoo
7. Vinny Appice - Drum solo
8. Computer god

cd2
1. Falling off the edge of the world
2. Shadow of the wind
3. Die young
4. Heaven & Hell
5. Neon knights

6. Country girl (Soundcheck, excerpt)
7. -instrumental- (Soundcheck, excerpt)

check out this and many of our great sabbath collections found in the hole in the sky section here...
http://z3.invisionfree.com/bleedblacklabel/index.php?act=idx

2 comments:

red dirt said...

thought you might be interested in this...

previously unreleased 11 minute version of "EMINENCE FRONT"!

http://www.junodownload.com/products/m-ms-funk/1582129-02/

analogkid610 said...

All Dead